Sunday, March 23, 2014

All Patched Up

It only took about 11+ years, but I have finally got my AT patches sewn to my backpack.

Actually, I remember I sewed similar patches to the backpack I carried with me on the Appalachian Trail. I was chasing TNF for some minor warranty repairs (I wasn't expecting much, just some minor fixes on the hip belt), but when I finally sent it over (for the third time) for repairs, I ended up getting a new (identical) pack, without my prized patches.

I immediately ordered a new set of patches from the ATC, put them in a ziplock, and had them wait for me in the back of a drawer for 10 years.

All sewn up and ready to go
Well, last weekend I gave my pack to a seamster I know (Thanks, Amnon), and he did the delicate job of hand sewing it to the mesh. So now I'm all happy and excited.